Brush it On Activated Charcoal Tooth Powder
About activated charcoal
Activated charcoal is a finely milled black powder made from coconut shells. The charcoal is processed with high heat, which “activates” it. This changes its internal structure, making it more porous than regular charcoal. It’s also processed in this way to rid it of any additional substances that are harmful to humans. This is an all-natural alternative treatment that helps remove discolouration while brightening and whitening your teeth.
Always make sure the products you use aren’t too abrasive for your teeth. Relative Dentin Abrasivity (RDA) is a guide to measure abrasiveness for dental products and it is recommended you use products of a score of 200 or below. Activated charcoal powder scores about a 70 to 90 on the RDA scale while most whitening toothpastes score between 100 to 200 RDA.
Top Tooth Powder Tips (that's a tongue twister!)
- Open the tin over your sink carefully
- Have a cloth handy (it can get a bit messy sometimes)
- Wet your brush head and dip the bristles into the tooth powder
- Gently brush your teeth for 2-3 minutes
- Rinse your mouth with water
- Enjoy cleaner feeling teeth without the plastic guilt
- For added oral hygiene, floss after use